Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Computer Desk

I joined the challenge late, and I've been doing some other projects around the house, so I'm a little behind! I actually did this yesterday, but didn't get a chance to post until now.

The computer desk! The challenge said to do the top only, but I cheated and did a couple drawers, too, mostly because you can see into 2 of them when the desk part is fully pulled out. We have a massive computer desk with a bookshelf built into it, so it took me quite awhile to finish this one!

Before: I'm glad I got the motivation to tackle this because it was driving me nuts! And, this is one of the first things you see when you enter our house. I typically clean it off when we know we are having company, but it sure is embarrassing when people drop by unexpected. I have been longing for a way to keep it organized, not just cleared off occasionally. 

After: Much, much better!
Tip of the Day:  Keep cute, fun, or stylish containers on desktops for extra storage. That way, you can put less attractive things (like stapler, tape dispenser, calculators, bills) in them and it still looks nice!
Here are the drawers before: It was hard to even open them because they were so full. Part of my clean-up plan for company-shove everything in drawers. I'm sure you have NO idea what I'm talking about :)


And here they are after: Post It notes, a pencil case with extra writing instruments, highlighters and erasers

USB drives, scissors, White Out, tape, glue, ruler, and notice the paper clips sorted by size in breast milk storage bottles (they came free with a diaper bag I got at the hospital). Gotta get creative if you don't want to spend a lot of money to get organized!
Because I like it so much, I will post another "After" picture.

Stay tuned, because this bad boy still has 2 more drawers!

1 comment:

  1. That is quite a transformation! It must have taken all day. You did a fantastic job! :)

    ReplyDelete